Mindset

April 09, 2017

Hello. Bonjour. Konnichiwa. or Whatever you may say in your languages.

Just a bit of curiosity of mine. An Instagram post from my Senior tickled me. She posted it a few days ago or two weeks ago I forgot.



This is all about mindset. Well, in decision theory and general systems theory, a mindset is a set of assumptions, methods, or notations held by one or more people or groups of people that is so established that it creates a powerful incentive within these people or groups to continue to adopt or accept prior behaviors, choices, or tools (source from Wikipedia).

I live in Asia. In Indonesia. Where us, Z generations are in our productive ages, but still highly influenced by X and Y generations. I used to think everything relates to time base like when we do Mathematic problems as x is the function of y. So as life equals with success and it is the function of time. Just like the above picture. I don't know how people think overseas, but I think it's just the same. People tend to say that we ought to graduate by 20 at least. Get married by 25 at least. Get our dream job by 30 at least. and so on. and so on.

My family, luckily, isn't one to demand their children to use this success based time function. But, not with the society. I have different thoughts about living. I am not the kind of woman who says that her biggest dream is to get married and have cute children. But when I say that, society almost always judge that I am egoistic. Well, isn't it confusing. It is my life which I plan. But why am I egoistic.

Again. This is about mindset. Society minds already being set by the culture, by the habits, that everything should be ruled by the time. By culture. So when somebody starts to think outside the box, think not by the society rule but by their own rule, society tends to sneer. If we think about it logically, it is not wrong at all. What is so wrong if a man doesn't get his dream job by 30? Maybe he's still struggling. And it is not a sin. What is so wrong if a woman doesn't get married by 25? It is her choice. Nation's law doesn't forbid it. Religion doesn't say that she commits a sin.

Just a curiosity of mine. In this modern era. Where we already shouts human rights, we still bind ourselves, bind our rights to culture. As long as that doesn't broke nation and religion law, that is not wrong. Thus, just a curiosity of mine, why society sneer? Let them be. It doesn't hurt you.










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts